https://commerce.net/mindystaging/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/commercenet-logo-1.png 0 0 ams https://commerce.net/mindystaging/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/commercenet-logo-1.png ams2004-12-09 11:48:512004-12-09 11:48:51Play That Funky Web Way
I’ve recently gotten some kudos for my post on The Web Way:
The Web Way is a philosophy toward Web-based services:
- They should be as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- They should have clean designs for user interfaces and clean designs for programming interfaces.
- Where it’s useful, they should embrace REST.
- Where it’s useful, they should embrace loose coupling.
- Where it’s useful, they should embrace glorious, nonblocking, asynchronous pubsub. ;)
- Where it’s useful, they should embrace microformats, a/k/a lowercase semantic web.
- Where it’s needed, they should embrace the time-tested principles of Scalable Internet Architectures (three simple rules: optimize where it counts, complexity has its costs, and use the right tool).